LIGHTWEIGHT SURVIVAL KIT AIR DROPPABLE
The Airborne Systems Lightweight SKAD is qualified on various aircraft to provide a long range, fast response Search and Rescue capability. The LW SKAD can be utilized for water or land rescues and is readily adaptable to suit various life raft and survival equipment.
FAST AND ACCURATE DEPLOYMENT
- Deploy a temporary shelter with provisions until permanent rescue arrives.
- Enable highly reliable and accurate aerial delivery of survival equipment.
- Allow squadrons to be entirely self-supporting in the event of the ejection of an aircrew.
- Deploy two inflatable life rafts and survival gear into the water. Life rafts inflate automatically upon water immersion
- The life raft package is extracted from the LW SKAD container with a drogue parachute.
- Enhance stability and visibility in poor weather conditions with automatic deployment of life raft sea anchors and strobe lights.
- Deploy survival equipment designed to provide maximum protection in hostile environments such as Arctic, desert, and mountainous regions.
- Minimize equipment dispersal and ensure precise delivery even in windy conditions, using the Airborne Systems PR-A2 Ground Disconnect to release the recovery parachute from the survival equipment upon ground impact.
- Ensure easy location of deployed equipment under adverse conditions with a strobe light and audio alarm system.
- Adapt the Land LW SKAD as a general-purpose container to supply Special Forces.
To download the product specification sheet, click below link
Deployment Altitude - Feet:
Marine: 100 - 500
Land: 500 – 1000
Deployment Speed - KIAS:
Marine: 130 - 300
Land: 130 – 300
Operational Weight - LBS:
Typical Payload Weight - LBS (subject to life raft/kit selection):
Life Raft Separation - Feet (separation a function of release altitude):
Marine: 200 - 600
Survivor Capacity (Subject to content selection):
Marine: 12 Person
Land: 12 Person
NATO 14 in. Std. BRU
Currently Qualified Aircraft:
Marine: Fokker - F-50 MR S-2 Tracker
Land: Fokker F-27 MR F-18 / F-16