Airborne Systems demonstrates robust quality procedures and controls covering everything from suppliers and sub-contractors to internal manufacturing processes through to customer satisfaction.
Our commitment to quality has led to the following accreditations:
- CAA (Civil Aviation Association) approvals for various products
- CE approval for proprietary products
Airborne Systems operates a rigorous supplier selection. Suppliers are entered into a development programme and provided with monthly statistics and targets. A periodic assessment of the suppliers ensures that high standards are maintained.
All suppliers or sub-contractors to Airborne Systems undergo stringent quality systems assessment before approval is granted for entrance in an Approved Supplier Listing. All material is supplied with full certification to allow full product traceability. All incoming materials are also submitted for formal inspection and acceptance.
Airborne Systems operates a proven quality control programme with stage inspections throughout the manufacturing process offering 100% inspection whenever required.
Experienced in working to the US military specifications or UK defence standards, Airborne Systems can provide statistical reporting (SPC), capability reporting and quality planning including first article inspection whenever necessary.
Airborne Systems inspection equipment is made of data logging enabled state-of-the-art computerized systems and includes:
- Tensile and compression test equipment- Calibrated electronic load-cells for proof loading and destructive testing of mechanical parts.
- Digital measurement equipment
- Profile projectors in lab and in the workshop for line inspection
- 2 CMM machines featuring automatic measurement of both finished and part-finished components.
- Temperature-controlled room