MANEUVRABLE TROOP PARACHUTE SYSTEM
Developed through the Special Operations Force’s Tactical Assault Parachute System (SOFTAPS) program for precision infiltration, the MC-6 features the latest in advanced technology for steerable troop parachute systems. It offers greater maneuverability, exceptional performance in high altitude drop zones and achieves a lower rate of descent compared to the MC-1 system. The MC-6 System has replaced all the MC-1 steerable troop parachutes in the US military. Airborne Systems is the only source qualified to provide the MC-6 system internationally.
SUPERIOR CANOPY TECHNOLOGY ALLOWS FOR BETTER STEERING CONTROL
SF-10A Main Canopy
The SF-10A main canopy is a highly modified, 28 gore polyconical parachute, which has been used by U.S. Special Forces for over ten years, proving itself to be consistently safe and reliable.
- Turn quickly with minimum pendular motion thanks to the canopy’s nominal 32 ft. diameter and a unique drive system.
- Correct a landing point overshoot with the SF-10A’s unique ability to back-up in deep brakes.
- Control forward speed and turn-rate in flight.
- Safely infiltrate all types of drop-zones, including those at high elevations due to a low rate of descent.
T-11R Reserve Parachute
The T-11R is an Aeroconical design based on the current GQ Low Level Parachute reserve canopy, but with increased structural strength.
- Opens rapidly with minimal post-inflation collapse and altitude loss.
- Inflates in all malfunction modes, as well as with a full main canopy, should the reserve be deployed inadvertently.
This harness offers both improved fit and comfort to the parachutist.
- Saddle design with multi-directional adjustment fits a wide range of jumpers, from the 5th percentile female to 95th percentile male.
- Incorporates two rugged Capewell releases to meet even the most stringent requirements.
- Four comfort pads are located at the shoulders and under the leg straps.
To download the product specification sheet, click below link
MC-6 vs. MC1-1C TECHNICAL DATA COMPARISON
Parachute Assembly Part Number:
NATO Stock Number:
MC-6: 9.8 meters (32 Feet)
MC1-1C: 10.7 meters (35 Feet)
Number of Gores:
MC-6: PIA -C-44378 T4, Low Porosity Nylon
MC1-1C: MIL/ PIA-C-44378 T1, Low Porosity Nylon
MC-6: Foliage Green
MC1-1C: Foliage Green
Suspension Line Material:
MC-6: PIA-C-5040 Type II
MC1-1C: PIA-C-5040 Type II
Suspension Line Length:
MC-6: 6.5 meters (21.3 feet)
MC1-1C: 6.7 meters (22 feet)
Suspension Line Tensile Strength:
MC-6: 1780N (400 lb)
MC1-1C: 1780N (400 lb)
Time for 360° Turn:
MC-6: 4 seconds:
MC1-1C: 9 seconds
MC-6: 13 kg (29 lb) w/o reserve
MC1-1C: 13 kg (29 lb) w/o reserve
Maximum Exit Weight:
MC-6: 181 kg (400 lb)
MC1-1C: 163 kg (360 lb)
Minimum Exit Altitude:
MC-6: 152 m (500 ft) AGL
MC1-1C: 152 m (500 ft) AGL
Maximum Exit Velocity:
MC-6: 150 KEAS
MC1-1C: 150 KEAS
Rate of Descent: See Chart on Specification Sheet