GUIDED PRECISION AERIAL DELIVERY SYSTEM
The FireFly® was selected by the U.S. DoD as the system of choice for the U.S. 2,000 lb Joint Precision Aerial Delivery System (2K JPADS) program. The system’s guidance, navigation and control software analyzes its environment in real time, ensuring accurate payload delivery. Its long-distance capability increases safety for the aircrew and the receiving unit, reducing the need for ground logistics. It is currently being used in operational theater to reliably deliver supplies and equipment to U.S. forces in remote locations.
AN ADVANCED SYSTEM THAT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE AND EASY-TO-USE
- Carries unmanned payloads up to 2,200 lb (1000 kg)
- Can be dropped from altitudes up to 25,000 feet
- Flies 25 kilometers or more given environmental conditions.
- Lands on target or up to 150 meters maximum of the designated impact point
- Continually adjusts for wind conditions until the final flare to land
- Is programmable through the JPADS Mission Planner or the remote control unit :
- Provides guidance, navigation, and control software for greater accuracy and better reliability
- Monitors the status of systems while onboard the aircraft prior to drop
- Monitors directional heading during flight ensuring landing on designated impact point.
- Enables manual operator override with handheld device
To download the product specification sheet, click below link
Payload Capacity: 650 - 2,200 lb (294.8 - 1089 kg)
System Weight: 167 lb (75 kg)
Span: 56 ft (17.1 m)
Chord: 18 ft (5,5 m)
Cell Count: 19
Opening Shock (Max): 4.5 g’s
Max Release Altitude: 24,500 ft (7468 m)
Min Release Altitude: 3500 ft (1067 m)
Max Glide, L/D (no wind): 3.25:1