Design Engineer II
Prepares and develops designs of various equipments for products and engineering proposals.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs varied equipment and develops necessary product specifications.
- Assists with the formulation of design control policies and procedures.
- Conducts and/or leads design reviews.
- Conducts and/or leads customer interface discussions.
- Specifies and oversees product testing and installation.
- Analyzes research and test data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Confers to clarify or resolve problems to finalize design development.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout as well as detailed drawings and schematics.
- Follows general company policy and procedures.
- Working knowledge of aeronautical, mechanical or electrical design principles, practices and procedures, preferably with experience of parachute technological design and related components and systems.
- Familiarity with aerospace equipment design standards as appropriate to engineering – including inter alia, fabric design, stressing, tolerancing, and wiring standards.
- Working knowledge of advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Working knowledge of mathematical concepts such as plane and solid geometry, and trigonometry.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad, SolidWorks, Word, Excel, and Outlook is required. Knowledge of Costpoint, PowerPoint, MS Project, LS-DYNA, Hypermesh, Optistruct, and other solid modeling and design tools is desired.
- Working knowledge in utilizing project management and planning tools, such as MS Project.Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Scientific field from four year college. A graduate degree is desirable.
- Three to six years of detailed, in-depth experience in a specialty area such as mechanical, fabric, or electrical design.
Competitive salary based on experience.
Airborne Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/VApply Now