Static line ram air parachute
The AS33-INTRUDER is uniquely a static line ram air parachute specifically designed for military low-level insertions into salt water. It allows troops to follow air-dropped rigid inflatable boats from a minimum exit altitude of 1500ft Above Ground Level (AGL) by day or night. Its design is based on Airborne Systems high performance ram air parachute, the Raider Intruder, using advanced canopy technologies and the latest ergonomics in harness design. The main and reserve canopies use a reflexed airfoil design developed by Airborne Systems to enable an excellent glide performance and improve safety. It is an elliptical, 9-cell ram air canopy with excellent glide performance, outstanding handling characteristics and an anti-stall modification to minimize the risk of injury on landing. Both canopies are currently in service with the US and Swiss Special Forces.
Superior Glide and Handling Characteristics
- Supports all-up-weights of up to 450lbs (204.5kg).
- Deploys from a maximum altitude of 12,000ft AMSL.
- Fly further even at low altitude with a glide performance of 4:1
- Identically-sized main and reserve canopies to maintain the integrity of assault group.
- Land with improved safety thanks to its anti-stall design eliminating stalling in preparing to land.
- Reliable and efficient reserve parachute with an Emergency Reserve Operating System (EROS) reserve static line that minimizes the time to inflate after jettisoning - an essential requirement when exiting at 1500ft AGL and a single-sided riser system.
- Designed to suit low altitude stealth operations with a reduced noise capability on landing.
825200 (Main Canopy)
Elliptical 9 cell ram air, pressurized stabilizers
450 lbs (204 kg)
360 ft2 (33.4 m2)
Canopy Chord Middle:
12 ft (3.7m)
Canopy Chord Tips:
Canopy Aspect Ratio:
Chordwise: Half Cell Top, Full Cell Lower Surface
Top Surface: Zero Porosity Nylon Ripstop
Bottom Surface: 0-3 CFM Nylon Ripstop
Line Strength and Type:
Spectra 1000 lb (454 kg)
Deployment Altitude Maximum:
12,000 ft. MSL (3636 m)
Lift/Drag Ratio, Full Glide:
Rate of Descent:
@ 200 lbs: 8 fps (2.4 mps)
@ 350 lbs: 10-12 fps (3 - 3.7 mps)
1/4 Brake @ 200 lbs: 8 fps (2.4 mps)
1/2 Brake @ 200 lbs: 7 fps (2.1 mps)
3/4 Brake @ 200 lbs: 7 fps (2.1 mps)
Resistant to stall
180° Turn 1.5 - 2 seconds
360° Turn 2 - 4 seconds
@ 200 lbs: 38 fps (26 mph; 11.6 mps; 41.8 kph)
@ 300 lbs: 50 fps (34 mph; 15.2 mps; 54.8 kph)