Airborne Systems Abseil Descender is a mechanical device designed to provide to heavily equipped personnel a secure and controlled method of descent from fixed structures or helicopters. It is particularly suited to Special Forces, Police Tactical Units, Emergency Services and other civilian organizations working at height who require at times to descend to a point of entry into buildings and high structures or inaccessible ground locations. The locking mechanism allows for hands-free operation when carrying out the required activities. Airborne Systems Abseil Descender is CE certified and in service with the UK Metropolitan police, the UK gas board and other similar organizations.
DESIGNED FOR WORKING AT HEIGHTS
- High safe working load (up to 200 kg) enabling descent with heavy operational equipment
- Use from fixed structures or helicopters.• Use for rescue or evacuation of one or two people.
- Frees both hands when locked.
- Automatically locks if released.
- Available for rapid response activities with an opening lockable gate and single-stop action, or more lengthy activities with a fixed gate and double-stop action for peace of mind.
- Use with 11 mm diameter polyester standard abseil rope CE certified.
Additional Equipment that may be required
- Abseil Harnesses
- Abseil Ropes and Rope Bags
- Load Release Assemblies
The Abseil Descender and Harness Assemblies can be supplied in configurations to suit specific operational requirements and operating procedures
Abseil Descender Opening (Lockable) Gate, Single Stop Action
Abseil Descender Fixed Gate, Double Stop Action
Abseil Descender Fixed Gate, Double Stop Action.
Incorporates attachment point for second harness / karabiner